DAY 1: CUSCO – LARES – QUISHUARANI
Early morning rise. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours.Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 2: QUISHUARANI – CANCHA CANCHA
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the trail. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 3: CANCHA CANCHA – HUARAN – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After a delicious breakfast we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU! – CUSCO
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast and after to leave our Luggage at the Hotel, and we can walk or take the early Tourist bus Up ( optional ) to Machu Picchu, of Course with a guide English speaking, Usually we use to get Machu Picchu by 6: 00 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit Machu Picchu of course at this time Machu Picchu is pretty empty and we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of Machu Picchu, because at this time is quiet.A guided tour of about 2: 30 hours, and then you will have “happy hour time”, to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Huayna Picchu mountain ( ask for Availability) and get the best view over Machu Picchu it takes 1: 40 minutes round trip time, or option to go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Then We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu that you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 16:00 at the latest (assuming train departs at 6:20pm Train). Buses depart every 15 minutes. Check with the guide for actual times. Getting Cusco city by 9:00 p.m aprox, there we will provide transfer to Your Hostel, End of the services.
-Lunch can be taked at Aguas Calientes town before to take the tourist train back to Cusco
Included in Lares Trek 4 Days:
- Professional, bilingual tour guide.
- Round trip Train Ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Transfer from Cusco Hotel, to Pumahuanca.
- Transfer from Lares, to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Train Station in Ollantaytambo to Cusco Hotel.
- 2 nights in spacious personal tents and inflatable mattress.
- 1 night in hotel in Aguas Calientes with private bath, hot water and
- breakfast included.
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes while hiking.
- Excellent Meals (4 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner).
- Food includes pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking.
- Horsemen with packhorse or mules(for carring camping equipment and up to 8kg of your personal belongings).
- Dinning tent.
- Sanitary services.
- Entrance fee to hot springs in Lares.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Mountain (consult: Optionals).
We recommend you bring to Lares Trek
- Original passport (and * University Student card ), if applicable)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Sleeping bag (also can be rented from us)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (SPF 35 or higher recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as
- Water (only for first 4 hours of trek, then we will provide you with previously-boiled drinking water throughout the trek)
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
- Cash in local currency (Peruvian Soles) for tips
- Cash in local currency (Peruvian Soles) for Machu Picchu locker rental.
- You are required to check your backpack into a locker before entering the ruins.
Price per person in Lares Trek 4 Days
2 Trekkers: $587
3 – 4 Trekkers: $557
5 – 6 Trekkers: $527
7 – 8 Trekkers: $487
Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
Group of 5 or more: US$30. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
Additional/Extras NOT Included (Need to book in Advance):
Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00
Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00
Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00
Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Sleeping Bag US$30
Walking Pole US$15 per pair per trek
Air Mattress US$25
Single Tent Supplement US$35