DAY 01: CUSCO -OLLANTAYTAMBO- KM 104 – WIÑAY WAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
Pick up from your hotels at 4:00 am to take you on a journey of two hours, with a private transportation to the train station in Ollantaytambo . Here we board the Expedition train, travel by train in an hour and 45 minutes to Km 104 (start of our trek Short Inca Trail). (Worth the effort of getting up early and go with this train, which allows you to enter and begin our walk early,if we expect the usual train would start at noon. At Km 104 after submitting passport control , we began to walk softly around meters Vilcanota River . Starting the way we will see the ruins of Chachabamba , a stone altar -site that was used to worship the sun and the mountains , still revered by local people . After visiting Chachabamba , continue the path south and started a gradual climb to the mountain , before entering a cloud forest , overgrown , then the trail leaves the forest and goes west while continuing uphill in an open meadow . After walking 3 hours , the road descends into a forest amazing. Here you will find a beautiful waterfall , then get to the bottom of the ruins of Winaywayna . Appreciate the beauty of this place , supplemented with information from our expert guide. After lunch at Winaywayna , we will continue in the afternoon in the cloud forest , filled with bromeliads , orchids and tree ferns . As we walk the last part of the way we pass many impressive features such as the stone stairs and drums ( ” resting places ” ) . You climb 60 stairs before you reach Inti Punku ( ” Sun Gate ” ) . From this point, you can see and observe this wonderful place . Then descend for 45 minutes to get to the viewpoint of the famous place , from here you can watch the sunset. Descend to the entry of Machupicchu where we board the bus to Aguas Calientes. Accommodation and Dinner included , rest, plans and arrangements for tomorrow . The thermal baths are a good choice (bring your bathing suit and 10 soles . Overnight at Hotel encanto or up-grade accommodation upon your request.
Meals: L D
Accommodation: Encanto Hotel Double, Twin room, also triple rooms. (and single rooms for single supplement)
Maximum Altitude: 2680m/8792ft
Minimum Altitude: 2100m/6888ft
Distance Travelled: 7 Km aprox.
Approximate Walking Time: 6 – 7 Hours
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICHU – WAYNA-PICCHU- OLLANTAYTAMBO- CUSCO
Breakfast from 04:30 am then board the first bus to Machu Picchu at 05:20, the park opens at 6:00 am . We have a guided tour of Machu Picchu, this enigmatic and mysterious city is explored for about 2-3 hours explained by your expert guide , you can visit the most amazing places as the Royal Mausoleum , the Temple of the three windows , the main temple , the Sacred Plaza , the famous Intihuatana where wise Inkas tied to the sun in the winter solstice in June , stairways , plazas , fountains, etc. ( You usually have about 5-6 hours after extra time off ) . In high season the train schedules may vary . )
After finishing our masterful visit, we walk down to Aguas Calientes 1 hr, (option with bus down to pay $ 10 usd pp). Then we have some free time to explore this quaint village before boarding our train back to Cusco
The train departs Aguas Calientes in the afternoon at 14:30 pm to ollantaytambo and bus to cusco at 6:30 pm , or 7:00 pm back in cusco 10:30 pm.
In high season therea re other aletrnatives of trains from april to august.
Maximum Altitude: 2400m/7872ft
Minimum Altitude: 2100m/6888ft
Distance Travelled: 9 km approx
Approximate Walking Time: 3 – 4 Hours
WHAT IS INCLUDED in Short Inca Trail:
- Pre-departure briefing at your Hotel or Office.
- Pick up from your Hotel at 04:00 am
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- Expedition train or Inca rail to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and the Machupicchu sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide.
- Guided visit of Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided Tour of Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast.
- 1 snack and soda drink for the 1st Day
- Acommodation at Hotel Encanto.
- 2 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu)
- Expedition train-Ollanta and transport to Cusco
- Free and safe Storage in Cusco in our office while you are hiking.
- Walk the Sun`s gate Intipunku or to Inca Bridge after your tour.(Optional)
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 10 (or a
- Down hill walk for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes)
- Lunch,Dinner on the 2nd Day, Drinks, snacks or water.
- Hot spring pools 10 soles. (Optional)
- Entrance fee for Huayna Picchu $60.00 (Optional).
Recommendations (Optional Services):
- Your Original passport
- Student card from your University (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Basic toiletries
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes(Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, sneakers or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.
Prices for Short Inca Trail 2 Days
2 hikers: US$550 per person
3 hikers: US$535 per person
4 hikers: US$510 per person
5 hikers: US$490 per person
6 hikers: US$470 per person
7 to + hikers. US$430 per person
IMPORTANT: The 2 day Inca trail Prices Depend on the final number of people in your group. If there is a cancellation please note, the price per person
will reflect the actual number of people going on the trek.
Please NOTE, you MUST be aware at this point that it could just be 2 in the group ( in order to make sure you will be part of a bigger group please email us to double check our already existing groups and the number of people in each of them).
Important: On your request we can book this trip as a Private Service.
Maximum Group size for the 2 day 1 night Inca Trail: 16 people with 2 Guides.